1. Forget starters, mains and sides. Thais order big spreads of dishes to share and everything is served at the same time.
2. Mix up the textures and flavours. A balanced meal would put crunchy next to smooth, light next to rich and mild next to spicy.
3. Go for different proteins in different dishes. If you fancy a chicken curry, order your pad thai with prawns and a stir-fry with beef.
4. Don’t leave out vegetables. A papaya salad, some stir-fried broccoli or a veggie noodle dish to share will really lift your meal.
5. Make sure everyone gets a portion of rice to spoon shared soups and curries onto. If you’ve ordered a spicy salad, get some sticky rice too.