It’s not a proper Thai meal without this famous iced tea! This recipe is perfect for when you want to make a drink for a dinner party. You can pre-make the tea and keep in the fridge for up to seven days. Make it a boozy one by adding a shot of rum!
Thai tea mix
Lemon Iced Tea: lime juice + a wedge of lime
Milk Iced Tea: milk or plant-based milk
Rum Iced Tea: rum of your choice + lime or lemon juice + a wedge of lime or lemon
- Add room temperature water to a saucepan
- Add sugar as per packet instructions, reduce amount if preferred a less sweet version
- Bring the water to a furious boil before adding the tea mix
- Stir well and leave to simmer for 5 minutes
- Strain the tea through a filter and leave to cool to room temperature
- Serve as Black iced tea or with lemon, with milk, or with rum!
- Store in a airtight container for up to seven days before serving